Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Morgan Dollars So Far

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  6:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dynotech to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So here are my morgans so far. Using a 96 count checklist and not getting into the VAM stuff. So there is some personal info in here on how much I paid but its only there for notes to me and whoever gets this after I die.

I have a few more on the way:

1883 CC Morgan silver dollar PCGS MS63 (my first break the case dilemma) but I will work that out with my local dealer.
1899 S Morgan
1903-S MORGAN
1892-S MORGAN

So I am down to 17 more. I figure depending on deals with local dealer I may get about 11/12 more and then the last few will be something like wine corks or something to fill the ports :)

The coins costs are matched with jewelry for the wife. I brought her to the shop to look at and try on stuff. It was fun and when we both have fun we have happy lives! And I love to spend on her.

As far as this collections goes and I know many are cleaned/polished I am more concerned about fakes. I know I am only posting the obverse but if any are questionable I can post the reverse. In fact I may just do that anyways. Just takes time.

Ok Here are the reverse. Keep in mind they are bottom up. So on the obverse the 78 is on top on the reverse the 78 is on the bottom. So the orientation was right.

Thanks,
Dyno

Edited by Dynotech
01/20/2020 7:11 pm
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like my Morgan collection,but not as many, I have got side tracked with US Large Cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice start. I did the same, starting out with lower grades, slowly upgrading to MS grades as I can afford it. I use Whitman US Morgan dollar Albums 1 & 2 to hold my collection, well, the ones I have not cracked out yet. I use an excel spread-sheet to track what I paid and book value. My kids know about the spread-sheet for when I pass them on so they don't get... shafted if they sell them.
I don't by a coin for it's VAM number but I do find them interesting. Alot of current collectors make a fuss about cleaned coins but some look nice, are not whizzed/scratched/polished, I don't fret about it. Sometimes, it's about the only way a person can afford a very rare coin. As long as your collection makes you happy, enjoy it and don't worry about the purist.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Edited by NDBirdman
01/20/2020 9:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have got side tracked

I hear ya! I got side tracked with my B. Franklin collection. I like these, not everyone does. I managed to find every one but maybe 3 that are MS67 CAM or higher. Most for a LOT less than a mid-range Morgan... LOL The ones I need, well, like a Morgan, are the price of a house so it's not going to happen any time soon. BTW, every Franklin but maybe 5 came out of a PCGS or NGC slab so I don't have to rely on my bad eyes, I bust them out and put in my albums.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Learn More...
United States
82324 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice looking album you have underway
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
583 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job Dyno! Keep it up.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"When angry count to ten. If very angry, count to one hundred." - Thomas Jefferson
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
"Coins are like potato chips, you can't have just one." - Anonymous
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05