Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Rare Star Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
264 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  6:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone know how rare this is? Got this back in change a few days ago

Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Wondering what's it worth in this condition. Thanks for any help or info
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44918 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small run, but the condition of this note diminishes the value considerably.
Edited by Coinfrog
01/23/2020 6:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coinfrog. Any idea of value?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4454 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any idea of value?

IMO not a whole lot.
Coinfrog mentioned the condition issue.

In addition there are (or were) 128,000 of them.
Compared to others that certainly a small run.
BUT
Are there enough collectors of that sort of item to merit a significant premium.
In the economics of supply and demand my guess is that supply is huge when compared to demand, i.e., they are not rare under those conditions.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6777 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really wish that you would pay attention to addressing a proper title for your thread so that current and future searches can make use of the knowledge shared.

Much better title would include the pertinent information; try this:

How Rare is this 2013 USA $10 Star Note?

Just saying - it would help all of us if everyone paid some attention to topic titles.

Concur with the condition issues noted above.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Edited by nickelsearcher
01/23/2020 7:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks kanga and nickelsearcher. Take it easy I get the point. Dont forget there are new collectors like me trying to get info and learn. Now I know. Thanks. This being one run and low serial number should somewhat offset the condition right?
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really just trying to figure out if its ebay worthy?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2490 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2013 $10 Atlanta replacement note is a semi-tough get. Some collector may want it as a hole filler until they can find an uncirculated example. The circulated examples on eBay have been selling between $20-$60, depending on condition. The key to the 2013 $10 replacement notes is Richmond, with a 64K run print in early 2018.
Learn More...
United States
82574 Posts
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks steveintampa and jbuck. When I looked it up and seen how rare it is I thought even though its circulated I was sure someone could use it. I'd rather hold onto it myself before putting it right back into circulation
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05