Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$5000 Search Of Toonies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,511Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5384 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In the last 10 days I have searched over $5000 looking for toonies I'm missing 2017 Polar Bear and good 2019 Polar Bears. so at one bank I got my normal 7 rolls amd one coin stood out on the end a 1996 looked mint. Got to the car and checked the whole roll was Mint 1996 and 1999.

Went back in and ask the same teller if she had any more like this one, she checked and came back with 4 more rolls, I was blown away.

Got home and looked, ended up with 18 1996 - 32 1999 and 69 2000 ALL are 65 to 67 MS

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1689 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well Done!
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score. What are you going to do with them?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8097 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
There were no 2017 polar bears issued for circulation.
They were only available in sets and rolls directly from the Mint.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautifull coins !, did you searched for varieties ? ( die clash, german planchet, ect..)
Edited by Dollar 1935
01/24/2020 6:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5384 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are you going to do with them?

Replace the ones I have, keep a few and maybe sell the rest.

Quote:
There were no 2017 polar bears issued for circulation.

That what I thought till I found one and checked Coins and Canada they have 24,465,000 listed for circulation.

Quote:
Beautifull coins !, did you searched for varieties ? ( die clash, german planchet, ect..)

Nothing that stands out, but working on the German planchet, if I can figure it out.
Learn More...
Canada
9261 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only 2017 polar bears issued as circulation coins were in the RCM set of special paper-wrapped rolls. The rest were the Canada 150 twoonies.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
186 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skelly423 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP raises an interesting question for me as a collector of circulation toonies. If a coin is never issued for direct circulation, but is produced in the same manner as a regular circulation coin, would you include them in the circulation set, or would you skip it?
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PastExpiry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a recommended site that lists the various errors and varieties to look out for? there seems to be dozens for Lincoln cent varieties but then again, they crank out BILLIONS of those things these days.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5384 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
try coins and Canada
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1594 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget to check the MS 96s for German planchets.
Learn More...
Canada
9261 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2020  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If a coin is never issued for direct circulation, but is produced in the same manner as a regular circulation coin, would you include them in the circulation set, or would you skip it?

That is entirely up to you.

The same question could be asked for those who collect modern 50c coins - which have been only available in BU rolls from the mint for more than a decade now.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
4691 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive! Well done!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
797 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen the mint 2017 Polar Bear on E Bay for about six bucks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,511Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05