Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Identifying What I Believe Is A Token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  3:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cajun2315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Found a couple of these along with a few Mississippi sales tax tokens. I believe they are a token of some sort but not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31824 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Have a look here http://tokencatalog.com/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2761 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a stock design of the Hoffman mint the number side is #T-36 It is in the style of the classic game counters. On the obverse with the letter down on the lower right side you can see two letters HM which is the mint mark for the Hoffman mint.
It is probably some form of counter from an arcade game for prizes. With the old style numeral and dingbats on one side and the old style font on the other that what confused me. After the mention of the letters along the spokes I took a look with a magnifier. Only found the The HM mark and a couple of raised dimples around the other spokes.
http://www.hoffmanmint.com/American...0Designs.pdf
Edited by Circus
01/25/2020 10:54 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12382 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14740 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cajun, first welcome to CCF. Second, it looks like there may be five letters along the spoke at 4:30 on the side with the letter S, but your pic isn't quite clear enough to confirm and read them. If they are letters, can you please tell us what they are? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cajun2315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for the help!!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05