Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error Note? Please Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  05:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shereeses to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this $20 bill with somewhat fancy serial numbers that are smeared and have bled through to the reverse. They are clearly bled through and not from being on top of another bill. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you guys in advance!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32034 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting but I do not think it is a keeper,IMHO.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7949 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a slight bit of offset on the serial number but
not really enough to add much value.
The serial number is close to a radar but is one number away.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44908 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, just a spender.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
659 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD it is not one number away from a radar it is 7 numbers away from a radar.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10551 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  02:00 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it is not one number away from a radar it is 7 numbers away from a radar.

Only one digit needs to change to make it a radar serial, so JimmyD is correct.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7949 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks spruett001.

That's what I was referring to, not 7 NUMBERS away.
Pillar of the Community
659 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spruett you are wrong.

Number refers to the whole serial number not just one digit which is what he should have said.

*** Edited by Staff - Personal attacks are NEVER allowed here. Argue the topic NOT the person. We take this VERY seriously. ***

Let us do some basic math.

The serial number is 19933998. In order to get it to 19933991 we would need to take 7 numbers away from it since 8-7=1.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7949 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's not what I meant or I would have said it.
I could change 1 number, the 8 to a 1, or I could change 1 number,
the 1 to an 8. I guess it is however you take the meaning of 1 number.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2490 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The center 6 digits are a radar, but the serial number has to include all 8 digits to be considered fancy.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05