Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1941 LWC Beauty! Is This Worthy Of A 2x2?!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  8:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SilverLee33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Hello! I was wondering if this is a die error? 1/4 of this LMC is darker and it has a different finish on that area also. It reminds me of a woody, especially on the reverse.

I've decided to start going through my little coin collection that I have had tucked away WRONG for almost 40 years {all of my coins have been sitting in a box all together} I just did not know any better!

I'm trying to learn as much as I can so all opinions are welcome!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44942 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a cleaned and re-toning circulated cent, worth little over face.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12705 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a Lincoln Wheat cent grade VF-20 Details cleaned .
Value 2 .
To CCF .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
4917 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not 2x2 worthy in my opinion.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverLee33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the welcome! I'm trying to learn as much as I can from this forum, I've been reading it for a while!
I don't know what re-toning is though~ is that done at the mint?
I also looked at variety vista and I think it's a DDO-005 class IV.

Please don't take any offense with me saying that I don't think my coin has been cleaned! The one thing I did learn is to never clean your coins~ I've had this one for over 40 years and I've never cleaned it~ and I don't think it was cleaned before I accumulated it in the 70's when I worked as a waitress! So maybe there is a different story of what could've happened?

It's a coin that I really think is different, so I do want to put it in something to finally store it properly!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4917 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could have obtained its uneven toning during its storage the past 40 years. Maybe part of the coin was exposed to humidity, paper or something else. Exposure to different substances can affect toning and rates of toning.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverLee33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that could've happened Westernsky~ I wish I would've known how to store my coins correctly way back then! My Morgan is getting darker by the day~ I think I'll ask what I should do with that one next.

I also have a jar of circulated coins I've been throwing my change into everyday for the past 15 years that I am enjoying going through and learning about right now. The jar is brown, glass and has a lid~ I think many of my pennies have toned by being in there so long because many of them have beautiful color tones to them~ Especially when you shine a light on them! Thanks for listening to me ramble

Pillar of the Community
United States
4917 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... to the Community!

The best thing is to enjoy the hobby and collect what interests you!

We are always glad to offer opinions and advice here.

We look forward to your continued active participation!
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverLee33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you~ I've learned so much by reading here!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05