Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Canadian Municipal Token Book.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cancoins340 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have recently inherited a wide selection of coins,tokens and medals that have reignited my coin collecting hobby. In the colection were a few municipal tokens from my home province and I have now added some more. In particular I have bought some wildwood elks tokens that I really like but I am having a hard time finding a refference book to help asses fair values or mintages for these tokens. Does anyone know where or how to get hold of canadian municipal trade tokens , fifth edition, 2008 by serge pelletier? My main interest are sask and Alberta tokens but I have some from all across the country.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16437 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you haven't already done so, give
Calgary Coin Gallery a 'phone call.
Address 1404 Center St S
Calgary, AB.

Ph. No. +1 403-266-5262.

They, at least, may be able to tell you about
how you may be able to obtain a copy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3135 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cancoins340, I live in Ottawa and I know Serge. I had asked him about his latest book and he told me that it was out of print so you will have to search the secondary market. Have you checked Amazon?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try Howard (email is in the link).
https://www.coinbooks.org/v22/esylu...2n32a21.html
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cancoins340 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. Yes I have checked Ebay and Amazon. I found 1 used older version on Amazon.com. but one of my other problems is that I know in some issues they were broken down into multiple volumes covering the different provinces but I don't know if that was always the case. I don't want to end up with a book that doesn't cover the region I'm interested in. I will check out the suggestions you have given me.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05