Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finding Coins Out In The World...let's Have Some Fun.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  2:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TiberiusMA to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

So what I have been doing for a long while is this, I keep a record (now in my iPhone but used to be in a notebook) of all the coins or even paper money that I find out in the world. I don't mean CRH or getting change from transactions or if you are a cashier or bank teller. Something you didn't exchange your money for.

What I mean is finding coins on the ground anywhere, coins left in the discard area of coin star, sitting on a table in your break room. Totally free money even if only a penny.

I do it by month and then see how much I have in a year. Also any interesting coins, errors, silvers.

For me January I have found $0.64 so far. Best coin a 1954 D Roosevelt dime sitting on top of coin star, not even in discard!! One 1958 D Wheat cent in parking lot in front of 7 Eleven.

Anyways I find this a fun way of looking for coins and hey if it's free it's for me. Hope you all contribute!
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to clean a famous store and I would find coins on the floor every day, I would keep track of the amount but not every individual coin. The "best" coin I found was a very nice 1944 P Jefferson nickle. I was very surprised to find such a coin in 2019.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TiberiusMA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks for posting! I though I might be only one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2614 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
During a break at work (sitting on the curb) 1960D LMC small date found in the planter, not that bad of shape (no road rash just a little crusty dirt) and it filled a hole in my first album
Valued Member
231 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  05:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The informations is absolutely helpful
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pocketchange2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest "Worldly" find; it was just laying in a parking lot!
I thought it was a coupon at first.

Guess the serial number, and it's yours!

Anybody know what the red ink markings indicate?

Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05