Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2005 "P" Non Magnetic Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
6 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Miss Maldita to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I read an article about this from a website, I think it was called Saskatoon Club or something like that.

I found one so far. I still haven't checked the other bucket. Should I get this graded? I am not sure where to go because I can't find a Coin Grading place here in Vancouver.

Any suggestions and comments would be much appreciated!! Please and thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4455 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ICCS is in Toronto, 416 488 8620 no website, CCCS is in Quebec has a website good luck most if not all are found in sets so they grade very high, this example is well circulated and welcome !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3155 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't find a price on coinsandcanada for anything in that low a grade. Vf-XF details. I suspect that there is not a huge demand for anything in that grade, despite the rarity of the variety.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4455 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I personally don't have much love for this type of coin, if graded might be around 300 to 400 bucks, so the 40 bucks grading investment is kind of worth it. You can place it in an auction and call it the only circulated example known
Pillar of the Community
Canada
794 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does it stick to a magnet?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would hold off getting it cert'd. Not sure just how scarce a coin it really is. Not many folks cert 2005 cents, magnetic or not. Maybe someone will post something about its true worth.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
794 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding is that only the non-magnetic 'P' version of this coin is the one that is rare and worth a lot
Pillar of the Community
Canada
794 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
most if not all are found in sets

Looks like it.

Based on the 2016 ICCS population report there are no circulation strike non-mag P cents certified.
All of them are 'PL' strikes (MS NBU)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4455 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The poster has the correct title, one would assume it's a non mag P version, first two coins auctioned for goofy price like 21000.00, but last sales if I remember correctly is around 1500 bucks, Here is what's kind of interesting with this coin, if you have a mint state version you don't want to pocket piece it to a low grade by loosing value, yet some people pay good money for lowball coins. Buy the way how many are there in the ICCS pop report ?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
794 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
18 have been certified by ICCS as of 2016; who knows how many more since then
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4455 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CCCS has certified a few and PCGS has done many that the Coin show was selling, my guess there is around 50 or more certified.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05