Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Kopeks 1811 Russia - Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
546 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  5:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this a die error or what happened with this older coin?
I can buy it, just not sure if it's worth the 10 bucks the seller wants? Looking at the catalogue values its not even worth 5 dollar in descent condition.. Any ideas?

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1791 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does seem expensive.

See this much better example for not much more:
https://www.ma-shops.co.uk/cdma/item.php?id=672796
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
546 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree and there are some even cheaper.. But my question is it an error coin, and what kind of error? That might make it a little more expensive. It looks strange:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3143 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those look like die cracks (possibly combined with rim cuds?) to me.

However, you may find that on a type like this, such errors are common, and they do not add value.

But if you are collecting world coin errors, then I think this is one.

Edited by tdziemia
02/01/2020 2:55 pm
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5130 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's what's known as a shattered die coin.

It all depends on how attractive is is to you and how keen the seller is sell it.

I have a few examples of one shattered die coin and if I got $10 for one I'd be quite pleased.

They are really not all that common.

The examples of the one I have is the only Aussie shattered die coin known to me. (2001 20 cents)

I say buy it, you won't be disappointed.

A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
546 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the coin, the seller had another weird old russian coin so I buy them both. I will put it in another topic later on. And I post some new pictures of this kopeks 1811. Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.. Shatterd die? Die break? Or other errors?

Edited by Kingz
02/04/2020 3:03 pm
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2014Cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i like it!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05