Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

When Innovation Dollars Go Unsold

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
660 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  8:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How long will the mint store and have available the Innovation Dollars if they fail to reach 75,000? I've bought them all up to the Delaware Reverse Proof and will be buying the last three together on Tuesday the eleventh. While still too early to say, it looks as though that number may not be reached on a few of them. I would think at that point, the actual mintage figures would be made available in the future much like those of the early commemoratives which saw a similar fate.

Thoughts?
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2020  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thoughts is they will end up selling the left overs to dealers to cover the costs and a small profit in lots until they are gone at some point, I dont' think they are going to scrap them, the metal isn't that great for recovery on them.

Who knows though, maybe one design doesn't sell well and the scrap the remaining, and there's like 30K sets in total instead of 75K.

Mintage wold be 75K, product sold or product limit may change of the scrapped the remaining. It's not exactly a precious metal coin though, so I really see them discounting and selling them to dealers and home shopping ect.
Pillar of the Community
United States
660 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could not agree more. It's simply not cost effective to scrap the unsold inventory as it would be for the precious metals. What I do see, if the reverse proof finish continues, is a reduction to perhaps 50,000 once the second quarter report confirms sales figures. Quarter two because time being a factor for production plays into these things.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2919 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They will probably be Half decomposed before sold out.. I really do not believe THIS is what U S Coinage has come to, from the great past Silver coins, to Manganese, Zinc etc.........
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05