Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Liberty Bust Beauties But Have They Been Cleaned?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
14 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  08:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Xavocado to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello all,

I'm in the Uk and I am craving some new US coins for my collection. I am not well versed in gauging if coins have been cleaned.

Any help is beyond appreciated.

Hope these are legit#129310;#127997;

All the best my fellow coin fanatics

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44837 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, this coin has been cleaned.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
02/11/2020 08:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1749 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps cleaned in the past, but probably market acceptable for that issue.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12688 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cleaned . Might not be market acceptable to some .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Xavocado, The coin you showed doesn't look cleaned to me. Please correct your images, as both images show the same coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am relatively sure it is market acceptable. The toning pattern shows signs of an old cleaning. Do you see how it is darker at the edge devices? When it was cleaned a long time ago those would have been the areas that the cleaning would not have gotten to as much.
United Kingdom
14 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Xavocado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your feedback. I posted the other images in another post.

It is a shame that just a clean can remove so much of the value. I would think that if the grade was in the lower end then a clean could be seen as a reasonable occurrence.

Think I may just have to look for slabbed coins until I am better versed.

Grateful for all the help as usual.
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you all for your feedback. I posted the other images in another post.

It is a shame that just a clean can remove so much of the value. I would think that if the grade was in the lower end then a clean could be seen as a reasonable occurrence.

Think I may just have to look for slabbed coins until I am better versed.

Grateful for all the help as usual.

If the coin has a market acceptable old cleaning, it may not reduce value. Please, others let me know if this is true.

Edited to bold "it may"
Edited by thisistheshow
02/11/2020 3:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3155 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If there is a cleaning it is a very old one. It looks like an acceptable coin to me, just heavily worn.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05