Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1945 S War Nickel Found In Korean War Foxhole

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
327 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  8:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lembafc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
On Sunday my son and I went metal detecting at the Battle of Chochiwon here in South Korea. It is the fourth battle in July 1950 when the North Korea 105th Armored DIV supported by the 4th INF DIV attacked the United States 21st INF REGT, also known as Task Force Smith, at a strategic bottleneck on Route 1. We hit up two ridgelines where the NK 16th and 18th INF REGTs attacked US positions and found a handful of NK officer pistol casings, Soviet-made rifle casings, as well as M1 Garand and M1 Carbine casings.

To top off the hunt, we found the discovery of a lifetime: a 1945 War Nickel in one of the foxholes in the path of the North Korean 4th INF DIV. Below is the video. It is emotionally moving to find an item like this, especially since it was probably dropped by a young soldier from Task Force Smith, 21st INF REGT 3rd BN. You can really feel the tension on that hill.

Y8p9srnvQbg

We do a lot of metal detecting here in Korea at Korean War battlefields and old mountain passes. So if anyone visits or lives here and wants to come find history, you are 10000% welcome to join us!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8478 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are awesome. I love these videos. Funny when you fired off two shots with your detector. LOL
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
327 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lembafc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You guys are awesome. I love these videos. Funny when you fired off two shots with your detector. LOL

LOL There are a some comments in Korean like "I didn't know gun sounds came out of detectors" LOL Some others said it scared them. hahah
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44927 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great thread, thanks!
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
327 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lembafc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog Thanks! I love finding these items here :)
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05