Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A 1995 D LMC DDO?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
79 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  11:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AprilMay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
I found this 1995 D penny and it looks like it could be a DDO, on IGWT. I have seen some pictures of the DDO's and I think mine looks like it, but in the early stages. I am no expert and would love your help!
Thank you

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jasian1001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's just damage unfortunately. Nice find though
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31848 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not damage,looks like DDD.aka a worn die.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AprilMay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.doubleddie.com/506234.html

This is the pic I was going off of WDDO-002
If you at the picture with GOD you will see how I was confused.
I would post a pic but I don't know how To post one from a website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4710 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need to post a pic from website. your coin shows some form of doubling which john correctly has identified. The pics from Wexler's listing clearly shows the definition of the doubling on each device which is clearly an indicative of a Hub doubling.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42190 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Note notching that should be present.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AprilMay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bummer! So I have a question, does a doubled die go straight to the extreme or does it happen little by little?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31848 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right from the get go.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AprilMay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, thank you John!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42190 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of breakdown does happen to dies:
http://goccf.com/t/340793
But a doubled die has the doubling on the die from the first coin forward.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05