Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1977 Washington Quarter, Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  12:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
One of the nicer struck quarters I've run into in a while.

United States
29 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dr Seuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice well-struck WQ!
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It really is, that eagle is magnificent, not often I see feathers this nice on a coin with so few dings, those obverse fields are perfect too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  12:37 am  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spectacular coin. May have been culled from a mint set.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oddly enough, I don't believe so, I picked up about 40 date sets put together by hand I assume from bank rolls and wrapped when they received them, no S mints, but D, and P, some dates more than others, all wrapped in cellophane saran wrap, I'd say half the coins or better are ms65++, I'll be posting more as I go.
Edited by KYCopperCoins
02/15/2020 12:48 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32565 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about telling us what you think each coin grades in your posts?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice quarter. I'm thinking a strong MS65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45917 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say Ms-66 on this one.
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at ms66 as well, I prefer to hear what yall put a coin at, then compare. I'm still relatively new to grading on some of the coin types so trying to post some varieties as I go through the coins. I've learned a lot here as many of you post reasoning behind why a grade is held to a certain level, as well as the highlights of a coin when it is a nice one!
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dr Seuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin! I'd be willing to bet it recently came out of something like a mint set, especially since I have a '70 ms right in front of me with almost exact blue and grey toning. However, it wouldn't suprise me one bit if it came out of CRH back in the day. MS66+(for the strike)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. MS-66
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2020  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These coins were all well wrapped in saran wrap which gave many of them a wrinkled toning or lack of depending on contact or lack of contact, and were put together by someone as date sets, working on my lighting some, here's a couple updated photos.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05