Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 S Mint Bombay Hook Delaware State Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
18 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  11:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MarkedMoneyTech to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this in circulation and had some fun with my find.

Thoughts? Critique? Constructive criticism only please. Thanks for your time and consideration!

E_IFkl13EAY
Pillar of the Community
United States
2056 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personal opinion only... your video went on about 3:05 too long. The music did not match the subject matter, and then I was mad at myself for wasting 3:05 min. on it, minutes I'll never ever get back. You should pay us to watch this. Sorry, just my honest thoughts. What was the point? Did I learn anything at all? no. err, wait! I did learn something. If I am not in front of YouTube and I come across random videos, I stop and think a moment that hey I was in this situation once before, and what did I do? THEN BAM it hits me that I should stop typing and go watch paint dry (that's more exciting.) Hey, you asked!
ça va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Merclover.... What was the point of that!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43149 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(didn't watch the video) This is not a doubled die. This is Machine Doubling. These devices are incuse on the coin. When machine movement happens during the strike you will see this doubling. About 70% of these ATB Quarters have mild to strong MD like your coin. These are common to find. I know that average as I set aside 100 quarters to see how many were affected. 70 out of 100 I found had this type of Machine Doubling. I've have yet to see a real DDR on these devices. The real locations for the DDRs/DDOs are on the central area of the devices. Earlobes/part of the motto (central areas) and center of the reverse designs. If you want see what to look for on these check out the listing on doubleddie.com on these. Then you will know where to really look for doubled dies on the States, and ATB Quarters.
States:
http://doubleddie.com/179401.html

D.C. & Territorial 25˘ Doubled Dies
http://doubleddie.com/228464.html

America The Beautiful 25˘ Doubled Dies
http://doubleddie.com/719755.html

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
18 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkedMoneyTech to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Art Project. There are no errors on this coin. It's a proof coin found in circulation.

I wrote an article about it with the educational resources I sought out online and applied it to the summary of the article I wrote while doing my research. *** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***

Not everyone's a fan of my efforts, but that's okay, I'll find a way to appreciate your feedback so as not to be offended by the negative manners displayed towards me by other people online.

I'd say shine on, but instead I'll just wish you all the best!
18 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkedMoneyTech to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a microscopic examination of a proof coin found in circulation.

Feel free to silence the music if you're not a fan of Beethoven.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43149 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beethoven. I though he died. LOL (I know he did LOL)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05