Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 D And 1925 S Lincoln Cents Bold RPM's

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  09:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These 2 RPM's have a story to tell.
Three dirty old bags marked "wheats 2,500" laying in corner of LCS. Was in early the day before looking at Indian cents-the bags weren't there. Asked where these from? " my buddy date plucked these in the 70's put them in his basement,now wants to get rid of them". OK normally one would think "ya right" however through past experience with these old school coin codgers in North Central KS have learned oppournity can knock but have cash, and act fast. Grabbed one bag 3xface.
Results; about 35% 1909-1929 15% 1930's. Healthy mix of P,D,S. VG-VF with dozens EF-low AU. No semi-keys but handfulls of 1920's early 30's that jump $ at EF. Awesome sloppiness of die states on coins VF-EF from 1920's. Batch has some matched early die pairs and also many very worn orange peel obv/rev clashes. Will post noteable examples as I go. Great bag showing how at the time an apparent lower intrest was given for 1924,25,26,32,33's'.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, nice story and pick-up. I would be going for the other two bags
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46164 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super examples, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3594 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Sounds like a good lot you have there! Looks like:

1927-D RPM-001 DDO-001 FS-501:
http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20...7DRPM001.htm

1925-S RPM-001 FS-501:
http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20...5SRPM001.htm

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg
A few notable finds:
1857 FEC DDO S-4 FS-101:
http://goccf.com/t/368150
1888-O $1 Hot Lips VAM-4:
http://goccf.com/t/363580

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43244 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
02/16/2020 7:10 pm
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am so proud on how astute of a coin enthusiast you are, luvmyCAM. Enjoy your treasures... kindly share to us your finds....visually

happy hunting...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2241 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spiffy ones! Both great varieties on great coins. Warms the heart in the cold KS winter, eh?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had enough cans, bottles,bags of the old 1956 and 1957 D's to last a lifetime. Nice to pick up an actual mixed bag. Whom ever sorted the bag seemed to compile coins without problems mostly VG-VF they missed some EF coins that were extreme die wear especially mid 1920's. 6 1922 D's were in there all in G4-VG8 one corroded a die #4 coattails and one just fugly.Two are weak D varieties with one at G6 the other iffy for VF20 looks like a G6 until you study Bow tie, jawline,and One Cent then the grade dawns. Found some 1919 coins that resembled worn proofs needle sharp . My favorite is a 1928 D with 95% mega-rims and deep set bowell die strikes sadly theres also a tiny pit on reverse displaying the dreaded green crystal growth,Its a goner. Coins had that old Sinclair filling station smell of grease, candybars, cigarettes,and Coke. The other two bags are gone, already tried.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2241 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A win is a win! Always nice to try for the bonus round but you still won. Last time I had a bonus round win it took a full year. I bought some BU rolls off a guy at a coin show, no clue who he was, and hit a couple examples of a fairly expensive variety. Kept my eyes open and a year later at the same coin show he was there and had another five rolls of that date. Bought them all and scored several in even better condition. One of those is at GreatCollections right now.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05