Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Grade Would You Say This 1958 Lincoln Wheat Cent Would Be

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  11:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
United Kingdom
121 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcstone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd call it a ms63, but I'd wait for someone more experienced to weigh in. Love the colour
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  04:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32632 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not good at grading,XF-45 to AU-50? Looks dull so maybe was dipped at one time?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just posted some better pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1528 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse looks really clean , I see no major marks that could really knock it down, the color I can't tell 100% it could be Red but with the light I'm leaning toward a reddish brown (could be fully red but the bright area around ONE) can make the color look lighter. So the back I'll say MS 64 RB.

The front is a little harder, there are marks on the face and other high points with that mark by liberty and looks like a few dings in front of Lincoln's face. This one looks more red, so I'll say MS62 RD.

Based on the pictures and comparing it to photograde I'll go Over All MS 63 Red/Brown

The color is hard for me as in top picture it's brown but bottom one I see lots of red.
Edited by hfjacinto
02/18/2020 07:23 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32632 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See,I told you I was not good at grading
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12952 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes John , you told us a thousand times .
AU-58 to MS-60 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking MS60. Second set of photos -- Might be a die chip on the right wheat stalk, upper third. Also appears to be a subtle die crack on the lower portion of the left wheat stalk, leading to the rim--could be a scratch.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did better than I would have done John1 thanks for trying.
And thank you also for your opinion hfjacinto.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about this one?
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1528 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With that picture the color is red, so I'll change it to Red but there more dings and blotches on the reverse so I'll have to go down to MS 62 reverse.

I'll keep the front at MS 62. But it's color overall is very pleasing. I wouldn't slab it but would be happy to put it into my collection.

Overall MS 62 Red. In hand it might grade lower or slightly higher but I wouldn't grade this AU, it's a nice coin.
Edited by hfjacinto
02/18/2020 08:31 am
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fernagh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I guess I shouldn't of put pictures of a different coin on there.
Here's new pictures of the original.

These are the original ones in daylight
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05