Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Of My Personal Collection. Lf Someone To Help Me,

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  08:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jpugh606 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone, I was hoping I could find someone willing to take a little time and help me identify the coins in my collection. Like which ones are somewhat valuable and which ones aren't. Ive done some research on some of them. but I'm not sure about their quality and such. I live in a really small town and I cannot for the life of me find anyone who knows anything about coins and their history/value that doesn't seem really shady or dishonest.. Got one or two of the guys I found telling me some of my coins arent worth anything but yet they send me 3 emails a week asking about them... sounds fishy to me lol.. anyway.. anyhelp would be appreciated.. ill post some pics of some of them to give ya an idea of what ive got. These are just whats on my phone. I would like to get in touch with someone who would go threw them with me to the best of our ability via internet. My email is: *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32700 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. It is best to post photos direct on CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2773 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
welcome, we would be happy to help you out, when you post some photos.

You should edit your first post, and remove your contact info..
Learn More...
United States
84180 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46211 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics please!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3304 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much do you have? A shoebox full? A large tub? more?

Do you want to sell them?

If there are too many to post here, your best bet is to go to a dealer and he will very quickly tell you what is valuable and what is not. Of course don't sell right away.
Pillar of the Community
United States
667 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with oriole. Just keep in mind the dealer will always lowball you, especially on common date coins. Not that they are being dishonest, just that he/she has to turn a profit as any business would. Another option would be scrolling through EBAY to get an idea of what they are selling for, not what they're listed for.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3166 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Jpugh, if you have mostly common U.S. coins, and you don;t want to go to the effort of photographing them to post the pictures here, you can use searches on eBay as a starting point.
Be sure to choose the advanced search option, and choose
"sold items" so you get an idea of the real market value.

Of course you can also post pictures here for any unusual coins, higher grade coins, etc. As others have commented, if you have coins you think are especially interesting or valuable, take some photos and post them here for advice.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19174 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You could start by looking into the purchase of the Red Book by Whitman Publishing. Usually available almost anywhere on line. For example Amazon or Wizard coins. With that sit down and see if you can figure out most of it. After that try to post some photos of your coins here.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13597 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  06:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jpugh606 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry everyone. I thought I had linked the pictures. Got a lot of family issues going on. Ill post some in just a moment
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jpugh606 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im sorry about how crazy these are taken. I'm at work so ihad my girlfriends son do it before he gets ready for school and he just doesn't even care about any of it lol.. But this should give ya an idea.. I have more.. but I'm working right now. and my grandfather is in the hospital so it wont be until later that I can give you guys a proper showing. I'm so sorry for the delay and the sloppy pictures. Hes 12 lol

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jpugh606 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry not all of them uploaded.. Not a fan of this system lol.. if you bare with me ill get some good pictures up when I'm off work today. You can email me if you want more info.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32700 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your email is not on here on CCF. Best to post one coin per post,front and back as well as any needed close ups.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jpugh606 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. *** They can have it too if they need to ask about anymore of them. I'm fine with it
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05