Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Should I Delete Misleading Post

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  6:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sublime to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
So I'm new to coin community and my question is:

Should topics be Deleted if it's not what it says it is?

Examples-DDO BUT IT'S REALLY JUST MD

Poll Choices
  Delete post
  OP change subject line
  Leave it as is for future members to search and find wrong example
  Have OP request moderator to delete

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16621 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very difficult to select a poll choice, with this thread.

ANY post here in the CCF has it's own circumstances surrounding it, and a reader cannot really get into the mind of the person who posted it.

If it seems that a particular post is wrong or misleading to you, you may wish to click on the
'Report this Post to the Staff' field in the bottom RH corner of the post box, for their consideration.

That includes this Post as well.
Edited by sel_69l
02/25/2020 7:48 pm
Learn More...
United States
15302 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sublime, the main goal of this forum is education. We are all here to learn, sometimes from our mistakes and sometimes from someone else's. I don't see anything untoward about either of your threads so far. We aren't here to judge, just help.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sublime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize, I stated my question wrong, I was trying to see if I should delete my topic or ask for it to be deleted if I was wrong in the subject, or change my subject to reject the true contents of the coin I posted pics of.

I understand this forum is about education and discussion's and would be quite the jerk if I was going to go through the forum and subject matter to call people out. This was not my intention.
Learn More...
United States
15302 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok yes we are all good here. My opinion is that if the thread unfolds in a way that folks will understand the thought process then there isn't a reason to go back and change things.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2561 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still trying to figure out how this ended up on the paper money forum...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19156 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Any post is OK if it could lead to answering anything.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16621 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes, when I have realized that the information I have posted, amounts to not much more than information previously posted (by either myself or others),
I will edit my post by deleting all of it,
then simply posting a single full stop character.
I will then click in the 'Send a Note to Staff' field position (bottom RH corner), asking then to delete my duplicate post.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sublime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sometimes, when I have realized that the information I have posted, amounts to not much more than information previously posted (by either myself or others),
I will edit my post by deleting all of it,
then simply posting a single full stop character.
I will then click in the 'Send a Note to Staff' field position (bottom RH corner), asking then to delete my duplicate post.
*** Edited by Staff to add Quote tags. Please use them in the future. ***

I guess this is the answer I was looking for. I do a lot of searching on this here World Wide Web and end up on to many links that are false or misleading and are not about the subject or field that I'm searching, just don't want individuals to click on something I thought I had which After being informed by the members here turns out to be a wrong "topic" and an error, uneducated guess, by me.

Thank You all for the input,
Sublime
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05