Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 US Mint Palladium BU Coin Box And Coa

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 586Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  04:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rich624 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have the 2018 and 2019 Palladium coins from the mint and I am trying to backfill with the 2017 coin.

I can find the coins from different sites (which have almost tripled from the original sale value, as of today), but they are just the coin, no original mint packaging.

I have looked and looked for a box and COA as I want the original mint packaging.

With all of the coins that have been graded and sealed, you would think there would be some boxes and COAs available, but I cannot find squat. I can't find a 2017 with box, or just the box.

Anyone have any thoughts on why the original mint packaging is so elusive on the 2017 coin?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3499 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess would be that a lot of people sold when the price of palladium jumped and the new owners bought it only for the precious metal and threw away the box. In other words, fewer of the original owners have the coin and they would be more interested in keeping the box. A lot of people are indifferent to the packaging.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rich624 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. What you have said and makes the most sense. I figured when people get them graded (those are the people who sell the boxes), they no longer fit in the original packaging, so they toss the box.

I have found other boxes and COAs for other coins, and can find them for the 2018 Palladium coin, but the 2017, you would think there would be just one out there.

People can make money on the original packaging, and some do sell just the box and COA.

I will just have to keep looking.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15769 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1753 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there even was "original mint packaging" for the 2017 coin, because it was available from the Mint only "to authorized purchasers" rather than directly to the public.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/prec...ptember.html
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rich624 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that information, it helped a lot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
857 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there is no box. these were shipped from distributors (apmex, provident, jm, etc) in flips.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rich624 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I appreciate the response.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 586Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05