Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

3 1995 D Pennies Is One Of These The Double Die

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  08:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SeanGon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I very new at this so please take it easy I watched ton of videos (no they did not make me a pro lol) however on the last coin in the pictures that one had the most key markings and in the right area. So I am on here to see if anyone thinks one of these is worth sending in to have graded. Please and thank you for all of your help.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32761 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not see any doubling. You need to put a filter on your light source. Which doubled die did you think it was?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeanGon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first few pictures are from another coin website where one of their own employees found a few of them amd these were there pictures of the ones that que had sent in and got graded amd verified. The last 3 pictures are the one out of the 3 1995 Ds that I though had the most of these characteristics. Thank you again for your wisdom I am but a Padawon learning wise yoda.

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeanGon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to fix the light filter but I failed miserably sorry about that.i have 2 questions
1. Why are some pennies kind of a rainbow or oily color if you will? (Sorry I dont know the term)
2. I watched quite a few videos on Double Dies and those all seem to be very clear cut (essentially two of the same overlapping if you will) and what I'm seeing both in their pictures and mine looks more like a Machine Doubling? Yet they call theirs a Double Die? Thanks again for your wisdom MUCH APPRECIATION!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43326 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notice with width of the side by sides. Top one is normal the lower one is the DDO:

The width of the devices, are the same width as the upper image or the lower image? Machine Doubling reduces the the size of the devices. Hub doubling (that creates a doubled die) enlarges the devices:

I'm seeing on your coin only normal width devices because it is not a doubled die. Look at the bottoms of the '99' on the date. You can see the differences on the width on these images and on your coin.
Taking a second look at your coin; note the date digits. Note the area to the right of the '5'? That is call Die Deterioration Doubling. (DDD) Note on the doubled die, there is a spread in the centers of the devices. MD and DDD shows on the edges of devices.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
02/28/2020 12:09 pm
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeanGon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for the info that was better than hours of videos. I will make sure to pass on the information
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43326 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a process to train your eyes to see the differences without having to move your eyes from one book/screen/coin. It is a process I figured out a few years ago to teach the eyes to be able to see and discern the differences. If you want to view other threads that have a lot of my images on various subjects, just click on this link. CoopHome : Note how it turns blue, it will take you to a thread of my threads on various subjects. There are three pages of these with thousands of images. They are either threads I created, or I focused on a subject with more information. Page one if kind of covered on pages 2 and 3. This link will take you to page 2. Hope you enjoy these threads/subjects.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05