Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1934 DDO FS-101 Lincoln Cent? Need Your Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  01:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been searching through my 1934 Lincoln wheat cents and trying my best to figure out if I have a DDO FS-101. The processing and picturing from real examples are confusing for me. I would gladly appreciate the proper examples and explanation for this particular coin. THANK YOU!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32622 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey John dont you see the lettering are more thick?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43149 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like circulation flattening on your coin. They best to tell in on the 'E' on WE:
http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...O%201934.htm
Notice on 001-003 images the bottom curve of the 'E'. That is what to look for.
Here is a DDO for that year that I found:http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=lds
But the images doesn't show the 'E' on WE. But take a look at these images:

Note the 'E' on these images.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
03/04/2020 4:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1834 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coneca DDO-001 is a different die altogether than fs-101. You asked about fs-101 so here is my example with a photo and then a photo overlay that shows what the doubling is.

There are markers to help identify the die but I don't see the doubling nor the markers on your coin.

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much.... Much clarification was given to me ! I appreciate it
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43149 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We do this... always. I always try to help everyone see what I see on a coin. When you read about something, little is remember, but when you see it, it lasts a lot longer.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2020  05:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently saw these pictures from a PCGS holder and wondering how the coin is DDO FS-101? It doesn't look like anything special at all? Someone can explain to me, what am I missing?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1834 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2020  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fs-101 is extremely hard to spot in lower grades and later die states. In the PCGS example you show here there might be a hint of the die marker between the R and U of Trust but I can't be positive. PCGS has been known to flub an attributions as well.
Edited by stoneman227
03/05/2020 08:26 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1834 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MarcyMarce
The 1934 fs-101 is a very nice score when you find one but is one of the most difficult dies of the series to "cut your teeth" on.
Even in hand , some examples need to be tilted to the light in just the right way to even see the doubling ( my example included).
You might want to save all your 34's and train up your eye on other coins.
Revisiting your stash from time to time will probably amaze you at what youreye picks up in these later searches.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05