Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Damaged 1974 20 Cent Piece

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 996Next Topic  
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  05:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, this is my first post. I work as a cashier and recently got into collecting unusual coins that I would find in my till. Could someone please tell me what happened to this 20 cent piece?
Thankyou in advance!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1026 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hambo and

Your coin has suffered PMD (Post Mint Damage) ... most likely it has been struck by a mower blade as you can see where the metal has been pushed back and folded over.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19340 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hambo: to the CCF!
Lots of different ways you can collect Aussie coins, for very little money.

How about collecting an example of every commemorative design that has been issued into circulation, since the introduction of decimal currency in 1966?

Cost? Face value, for every different coin design found.
So far, over a period of about 4 years, I have found about 150 different designs, across all denominations.
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou for the response! I've been mostly collecting the alphabet $1 coins from the Australia Post as well as a few colourful $2 coins. I'd love to find some really unusual coins. :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64176 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 996Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: