Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953-S Franklin Half Dollar NGC MS-66+ FBL

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 410Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  12:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Great Collections - The finest 1953-S Franklin half dollar graded by NGC is being auctioned by GreatCollections on Sunday. Unreserved, the coin is already bid to $31,000.

View the auction.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1144 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That IS a pretty coin, but $31,000 (plus the buyer's fee!) is a bit crazy, at least in my opinion.
To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

ANA Member since 2007.
Pillar of the Community
United States
890 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Check ksammut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin!
Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit my eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/numismaticswithkenny - over 1500 numismatic listings!

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

ANA Life Member and District Representative

Twitter - @numismatist2001

Instagram numismatistkenny
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48785 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty amazing.
Learn More...
United States
87562 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would have to really, really love the Franklin half dollar at that price.

Do not get me wrong, I love my Franklin Dansco, but I could probably build 50 more sets at that price.
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darn 53-S prices in FBL will keep me from ever having a FBL set.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13600 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If potential buyers had to rely just on these photos then it's not worth the price in my opinion . I don't know about you guys but I can't tell if it's FBL from those picks .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20582 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would expect the closing bid to bring in the mid-fifty range. While some think this already high at the current price, this is an exceptional example reserved for those who simply want the best at more or less any cost. What it has going for it is the NGC certification as FBL, whose standards are much more stringent than others. Beautiful coin!
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13600 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby ,now that's much better . FBL it is .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 410Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05