Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Follis Constantius I

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Portugal
8 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  7:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pcabrita to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello guys, I would like to ask for a little help just to check if this is a genuine Constantinus coin and what do you think about it.
How much you think it can value?

Thank you guys!

Learn More...
United States
15325 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pcabrita, can you please add a couple pics of the edge of this coin to this thread? Also, please post the weight. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Portugal
8 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcabrita to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I don't have the coin with me... These pics are the only thing that I have. Do you think that I should ask for more details to the seller? (I'm new at collecting...)
Edited by pcabrita
03/23/2020 7:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
15325 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do. While I'm not an expert on these things, the rim around the coin on your first pic is unusual I think. Let's let someone who knows more weigh in on this coin though.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Portugal
8 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcabrita to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to try to have more information about it. Thank you Spence :)
Edited by pcabrita
03/23/2020 7:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
629 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add travelcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, it looks genuine, but Spence is correct a pic of the edge would help. If it's not expensive, I would buy it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3117 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rome mint circa AD 312-3
I like the patina
Especially the color !
I can see where the obv rim seems rather high
But the coin looks genuine
You don't see many of this type from these years
Usually the reverse is abbreviated to GENIO POP ROM since the coins were getting smaller and space getting tight !
Style looks good
Patina looks good
From the pics I think it passes grade

Value ?
Well you can't eat them so ........
I can see it going for 20
But I am a real cheapskate !
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Learn More...
United States
22888 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice looking genuine coin.
Portugal
8 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcabrita to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for the help!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05