Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Someone Help Me Out Please? I Have A 1964 Jefferson Nickel No Scratch M

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 536Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  12:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Danaro1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That coin dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the issue?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1909 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But it is best to ask a question if you want an answer
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13399 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , I'm sure you want to know about all those scratches . Are you sure it's not the cellophane that the scratches are on . If not then the mint really feel asleep at the wheel when they put together that set .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1287 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.
I agree that most of the curved lines are probably on the cellophane wrapper. The straight line on the reverse through the building might be something interesting from the die. Let us know if that is an issue on the wrapper as well.

You might be new to posting threads, so here are some pointers I finally realized a couple of years ago.

When posting a thread there are two places to enter words. One is the title/Subject and the other is the separate comment section (similar to emails). It looks like you tried to put your entire thread, including comments into the "Title" section of your post.
Your Title left a lot of info out, so please reply with your questions. Thanks in advance. PP55
Edited by Petespockets55
03/28/2020 08:24 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47873 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, be more specific if you can.

to the CCF!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Danaro1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is the cellophane wrapper that makes it looked scratched I'm just mind boggled about what to do to get a buyer. It's in excellent condition it doesn't even have a fingerprint on it
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Danaro1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome btw guys I really appreciate it if anybody point me in the right direction.

*** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could try ebay, but it really isn't worth very much. 1964 had a huge mintage of nickels.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13399 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes it is the cellophane wrapper that makes it looked scratched I'm just mind boggled about what to do to get a buyer. It's in excellent condition it doesn't even have a fingerprint on it

Well it's a proof coin in original packaging from the Mint . It's not supposed to have any finger prints on it . If you want to sell it take it out of that cellophane carefully and put it into a cardboard 2x2 , airtight or snap-lock . But as mentioned don't expect any more than a couple of Dollars for it .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to make an omlette, you have to break some eggs. If you want to make money with an uncirculated coin you have to cut the plastic and get a close up look at it. I am assuming it has been wrapped in plastic for over 50 years, a lot can happen. And you should have the 1964D too if you have the original mint set. It could have variety that you will have a better chance to make money on, D/D if it is in your set. For that, you will have to take it out of the plastic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
640 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a proof coin to me
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 536Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05