Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 Whale 25 Cents Errors?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 693Next Topic  

Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  8:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chlo1313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wondering if these are errors and if they're worth anything?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chlo1313 could you post a pictures of the obverses. I would like to check them. if you would not mind thank you
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chlo1313 I see the missing letters. I would image grease filled die. the only reason I would say that is from the smear where the letters are missing. I would really like to see your obverses
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chlo1313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first picture is the Canada with 'N'. The second picture is Canada with 'A' missing

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chlo1313 give me a few minutes. I am going to pull your coins over.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chlo1313 ok here we go the pictures will explain your varieties. the error are just a plus. Chlo1313 if I was you there are senior members here . I would ask them if I were you to properly describe these varieties

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chlo1313 you see the catalog I used is from a large electronic catalog I own very nice find
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chlo1313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rocky thank you so much :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2184 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to this forum Chlo1313.
There would not be much of premium if you tried to sell your quarters. As Rocky suggested, the missing letters look to be from Grease filled dies but I think better pictures would need to be posted.
Personally, I have never heard of "Short forehead with hair" or Long forehead and hair" varieties. In saying that, I have not heard of a Large and Small Nostril variety either.
Edited by darryldarryl
03/29/2020 1:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7938 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to me like it says "short forehead""small nostril with hair" vs. "large forehead and hair" "small nostril".
We are going to need better pictures,rotated properly, from the OP and clarification from rocky to really sort this one out.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
03/29/2020 10:20 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2930 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I've stated on here before, you have to make sure that you're comparing apples to apples. I had never heard of anything concerning nostrils or foreheads .. but just look at the photos above. They are not the same magnification, so you are always going to have one larger than the other. Just look at the margins surrounding the coin .. unless the coins are not the same diameter. Photographs are very easily distorted when placed in these posts.
Edited by okiecoiner
03/29/2020 3:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7938 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I

w
i
s
h

t
h
e

p
i
c
s

w
e
r
e

r
i
g
h
t

s
i
d
e

u
p

-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7938 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But I'll have to look later on my ipad.
Hard to lock and turn my 25inch monitor.
My brain just can't deal with sideways pics.
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
03/29/2020 4:10 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 693Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05