Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Toned 1991 Lincoln Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 636Next Topic  

United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  2:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can someone help me out with a grade on this beautiful 1991 Lincoln cent I hope these pics are clear enough

Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nieuw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This maybe just me, but the reverse doesn't look right
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres another photo with flash off of the reverse
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More pics

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48061 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63BN, perhaps 64.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
03/29/2020 5:02 pm
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool thanks what kept it from getting a higher grade just asking so I can get better at guess a grade. I thought it was a ms66 maybe ms67 only because of the surface in almost scratch free and very well struck. I'm new to coin collecting so I knew I'd be off by a little. Thanks again
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1934 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heat damage IMHO
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13439 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your first two photos does show a well struct coin . It also shows artificial toning IMHO . Your other pics shows blotchy toning that's cutting into it's strike appeal . That could be why Coinfrog gave it a lower grade .
But to be honest I can't see it being a 66 or 67 looking like that . MS-64 possibly details .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd go MS-63. The discoloration on the reverse is keeping it from going much higher. Your pics are much, much better without the flash.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Artificial toning could it be just the pictures. Here are some more side angles so the surface shows better. Either way I think it's a great coin thanks

Edited by Amunoz91
03/29/2020 10:11 pm
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wideglide there is no discoloration that is a golden color posted more photos
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was referring to the sperm shaped blotch above the E of CENT.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really I thought that's what made it pop it looks like a gas vapors or something there is more on the side. You think this is artificial toning?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16452 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be heat toning.

~MS-63, details
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7690 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  02:10 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe ran through the laundry ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 636Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05