Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1971-S Ike Dollar Silver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 390Next Topic  

United States
49 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CptSig to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
so I have this 1971-S Ike dollar and the reverse of this coin has a weird thing going on with it that does not continue on the obverse and was looking for opinions please.there will be 4 pictures 2 of the obverse and reverse reg flat pictures the other two pictures of the obverse and reverse are slanted to see the question I have on the reverse and any other opinions u have of the coin thank you

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48120 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please be more specific about what you see.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13448 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what your trying to tell us . Please post again .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobertRansom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know if you mean the barely visible light/shadow lines. Could be the same issue that happened to me. I saw similar results when I took some pics. of a few coins. I put on my deerstalker cap and began investigating. Surprise, surprise, it was small slivers of light filtering through the Venetian blinds of my office window. Just saying...
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I am seeing what you are saying, the it looks like it was laying on or covered by something which caused the reverse to tone at two different rates.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CptSig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yea its like a line of toning or something just going across the reverse its much easy to see in person these pictures acually make the coin look worse than it is lol the coin in person looks very nice
Edited by CptSig
04/08/2020 3:16 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 390Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05