Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1976 Quarter Coin Error? Would Anyone Like To Venture A Guess What Happened To Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 432Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

I noticed this quarter in my friends car console and told him, I thought it looks odd. he said, take it so, I did. However I have never seen anything like and wanted to hear what you thought.

Cheers and stay well,

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1980 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

Where are you seeing an error?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20485 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing the lines on the reverse that appear to go under the devices.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Revers: Striations in the background under the stars and States, the f in "of" is malformed, Striations under "T" and "R" in Quarter, malformed "E" and "S" in States and "E" in United.

Obverse: What I notices as a crease and indentation around bridge of Washington's nose but, on second look may just be ware.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44271 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time has a way of altering the appearance. Looks pretty good for its age. (I get that a lot!)

Maybe I should play a little guitar?

Everyone enjoying there time in your own quarters?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Additionally the "Q" in Quarter look odd.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand but, I just keep coming back to the coin, it looks indented from left to right down through the stars to around the chest area. That is why I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Cheers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44271 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are called rolling lines. They appear after the mint luster has left the coin. Nothing worth a premium for this coin. Just a topic you can share with a new collector.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The striation in the above images is defiantly over the top of the impressions. In the quarter the seem to be underneath the stars and lettering.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take that back. They look the same.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add czarmark to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about the "F" on the reverse?
Learn More...
United States
86044 Posts
Learn More...
United States
15955 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What about the "F" on the reverse?

It looks odd, but that shape is by design on all 1976-dated quarters.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44271 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 'F' was probably a Monday morning thing? Sometimes it is hard just trying to keep things together:

Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05