Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rare Ships Colonies & Commerce Varieties Floating Around On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 351Next Topic  
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was browsing eBay the other day and was startled to come across this unattributed listing from the Ships Colonies & Commerce series.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prince-Edw...047675.l2557

Yep, a Lees 33 (VF I'd say) was just sitting out there listed as any other Ships token. I had my fingers crossed that I was the only one that had stumbled across this, but it looks like a few other people had the same idea as the bidding quickly shot out of my college student-limited budget in the final 10 seconds! At ~400 bucks, I'm pretty sure the winning bidder was more than happy with that!

Coupled with an unattributed Lees 22 I saw a few weeks ago (it sold for just over 100 but was pretty dinged up), it's pretty neat to see that such rarities are up for grabs, and still floating around without attribution.

Hopefully luck will be on my side when the next one rolls around
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1828 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems odd that bidding went from $169.50 to $388.88 in milliseconds - both bids by the same person.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7948 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great times for those who collect these.
Good luck to you!

Quote:
It seems odd that bidding went from $169.50 to $388.88 in milliseconds - both bids by the same person.
That's not what happened.
Even (not allowed to be mentioned) can't bid that quickly.
1856 bid at :39:10 and only once.
This bid surpassed the then leader at $167.50
Two seconds later the winning bid was placed surpassing and revealing 1856's one and only maximum bid of $388.88
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 351Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05