Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Everyone Doing?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,195Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
237 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  09:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

I don't know about you all, but sitting at home everyday is getting tedious and there's no end in sight. No shows or club meetings, no beer with friends, no coin shop visits. Work hasn't slowed down (I work from home) but everything else has.

What about everyone else? What are you up to? Are you adding to your collections or writing about them? Looking at eBay and auction houses more? Looking less? Have you stopped buying because of the economy? Talking to friends on the phone? Have jigsaw puzzles and Netflix taken over your lives? How do you stay busy?

Let's hear it.
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Schoolwork
2. Cleaning out the garage, posting on eBay
3. Use those eBay funds to add to collection
4. Skype friends
5. Ride bike trails
6. Repeat 1-5
regards, Jasper- "river4449"

PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3307 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Listing and selling on line . Quite frankly business is pretty steady!
Finally getting to go through buys from the last two years .
Helps to stay sane . Keep safe everyone!
Learn More...
United States
16074 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
no beer with friends

Virtual beer night on skype/zoom is a thing now!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tr.../vp-BB11VStz
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
33629 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Watching TV and worrying. Looking through two rolls at a time every other day or so.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
Canada
9077 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work at home during the day. In the evenings I am slowly going through the RCM sealed mint bags I have picked up over the years. Sales have still been brisk on eBay.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48071 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm kicking a head of lettuce around the living room.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5301 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Updating kids and grandkids albums, looking good.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Ohio we have Wine with Dewine once a day during his news conference. I am still buying coin rolls and such. However it has given me more time to take another look at what I have.
When things get back to "normal" even if it is a new normal, it will be like a dam letting loose. Hopefully we ALL sit tight until such a time as it is safe to resume our lives. I do find myself praying more for people that I have never met who are hurting and alone. I am aware that no matter how bad things are someone has it far worse than me.
I am going to try out zoom to bring friends together.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working from home during the day and trying to keep family moral up during the rest of the time. Coin-wise, I'm mainly reading and educating myself for the time being. I have several coin projects that I wanted to work on ... but surprisingly, I haven't had as much "free" time as I thought I would.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm working from home, been on lockdown for about a month. We're natural homebodies so that part hasn't been too bad -- the biggest adjustment is going to the grocery store at 6am instead of noon to take advantage of Senior Hours. Well, that and wearing gloves to get/open the mail even if we let it sit in the garage for a few days before we touch it again.

It's not a good time to be buying, if only because our tax refund is much smaller than previous years (thanks, government), the property tax bill is due about now anyway, and we had some big vet bills last month. I'm holding back on upgrades for a while, looking at one big-ticket auction ending in a couple of weeks, otherwise revisiting smaller things like tokens and bimetallics to keep myself occupied.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
Learn More...
Sweden
284 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working from home for three weeks now, but just had a nice virtual after-work with video link from everyones' homes . The weather is nice, so are my surroundings, so daily walks are a regular activity.

About coins, I am less active on the purchase side, don't buy anything really - most of my regular (French) online coin shops are in lock down, and I don't feel like making a purchase now that will hopefully be expedited once they are let back to their offices... Spending more time on CCF though, I think .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1489 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got back to the US yesterday. Right now I'm enjoying the time for 2 weeks in quarantine. Doing a couple hours of schooling a day. Talking with friends often, watching YouTube to no end. We have a dock for the time being, so I fish off and on. Can't do much relating to coins sadly. Nothing to search.

Well, just counting down till 2 weeks. Then I can see my aunt, uncle, and grandparents, as I'll be staying with them for a month.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Pillar of the Community
United States
1853 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a few things around the house that I put up for sale. Everything sold really quickly so I've been eBaying. Sadly eBay is more expensive than my LCS. I've been able to haggle down a few prices so all is good.

With all the time (my wife got unemployed and my daughter doesn't ride horses as that's closed), I've been hiking. We have South Mountain nearby so my daughter and I do the Lenape trail after work (I've been going early and leaving at 4). We've done the 6 mile 850 feet total climb in under 2 hours. We do the Lenape trail going to the waterfall and come back on the Rahway trail which is faster. We tried jogging but I fell into the mud which made it a pretty cr@$$y haul back not to mention I had to clean the car when we got home

On days we don't have time long walks after dinner before the curfew. Hoping to get back to normal. I really miss going out for a beer.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13442 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going stir crazy as we are on lock down by me . All I do all day is watch the news , read my e-mails and go on CCF . No more coin shows so I've been feeding my thirst on E-bay buying and biding on a few coins .
I tell you watching the News is getting very depressing each day . Wife and daughter not handling it very well . Prayers go out for all .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1853 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-Bop STOP watching the news. I'm doing everything to not watch it. Sadly for a few weeks nothing will change on the news. Basically the news will be cases of Covid 19 have increased, people should stay home. That's a summary of the news.

Stay safe and work on zigsaw puzzles.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05