Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Am New To Collecting

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 686Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  9:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello my name is sabrina white I am fairly new to
collecting. I am a cancer patient and spending a lot of time in bed so coins helps me. The amazing amount of us history in stamps and coins is phenomenal. I would love to learn from you please.
Thank you for your time
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1995 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

Can't wait to see what you collect!
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15121 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Learn More...
United States
86200 Posts
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Sabrina to the community! My son is a 14 year cancer survivor and now a plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstruction surgery. He believes that the great differentiator among his patients are those who firmly hold to the motto found on our US currency. Great success to you.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all for the warm welcome. My collection started with inheriting coins from my dad but when I was younger I used to go to a few coin shows down in California with him. That was an awesome experience. I have a few error coins and a few that I am not sure what the heck they are but they're interesting I also collect tax coins as well as the obvious key dates. I do have a few pieces of bullion. I guess I am most interested in collecting education thank you all for your time in advance Sabrina White

Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great collection! Spend time reading the photography section on taking pictures. You look to have some very valuable coins. From the picture of the Kennedy, it looks like a lamination error. Good luck to you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sabrina and welcome...
"I also collect tax coins"
By this do you mean examples such as the following:

I know nothing about them. Please teach me.
Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpgrajek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I like the Kennedy half dollar.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sabrina and welcome to the community! You have some great coins there! You will find a wealth of information and knowledge here, we look forward to helping any way we can...

to the community!
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your wonderful comments they're very informative. As for the Kennedy half dollar I didn't realize that a lamination error would make the coin peel like that. Should I send that in to get graded it's not graded yet? This coin has a strange strange story to go with it. My brother what's fishing at wickiup Reservoir outside of Primevill Oregon and he caught a brown it was huge the coin was in its belly when he gutted the fish.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot to say that was in 1989 so the coin had not been in circulation very long
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello jpgrajek I'm going to send more photographs of the Kennedy half dollar
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrina White to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Has this coins in Altered does anybody know?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5056 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 686Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05