Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Are Premiums Over Spot Getting So High!?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 3,239Next Topic
Page: of 3
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenmorenee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really enjoy rooting around at estate sales but they are on hold for the meanwhile. Very much like estate auctions, their job is to CLEAR stuff out so they are probably only a small indication of what the general premium might be.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2001 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
their job is to CLEAR stuff out so they are probably only a small indication of what the general premium might be.

Ya I agree with that.

Estate auctions are not a good indicator of PM premiums. Grab them if you can afford it, just be careful though... fake gold and silver is everywhere... you might just end up with a load of Chinese fake garbage.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenmorenee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It takes 2 things to keep premiums high. Right now demand is high and supply is temporarily restricted. The supply chain of mine to mint to dealer to consumer is disrupted. That will soon be back to normal and premiums will settle down.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3795 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Grab them if you can afford it, just be careful though... fake gold and silver is everywhere... you might just end up with a load of Chinese fake garbage.

That is exactly why I didn't bid. Only try to buy from reputable sources and an estate auction is a good place to get burned if you don't know what you are buying.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenmorenee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would a simple ping test be definitive on a Morgan silver dollar?

Here's a strange thing that I came across by accident several months ago. I was getting a hat in the Garment District and I was being lead up the factory stairwell to the third floor. On the second floor was a metal chair and on it was a sheet of maybe 10 Morgan dollars. Took a quick glance and they looked OK but no one would leave real ones just lying around so I figured they were fake.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 3,239Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05