Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1 Scudo 1825 Papal State

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 281Next Topic  
Valued Member

Croatia (Locally: Hrvatska)
92 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  09:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add monarch to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

now in Corona times I have some time for beter exploring my coin collections so I have some suspicious about some coins:

Third one is 1 scudo 1825, Papal state

weight is 26,4 gr,diameter is 40,5 mm. I think that coin was mounted.

Please tell me is this coin a fake or contemporary fake or real coin?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48040 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has a fake look to me, but this is not my field.
Edited by Coinfrog
04/04/2020 11:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3383 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree there is something that doesn't look quite right, but when I compared to examples I could find on CoinArchives, I had a very hard time finding any differences.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realeswatcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another ex-mount, yes?

Not really my field either, but a lot of these Vatican scudos have had things (jewelry, wiping/polishing, etc.) happen to their surfaces over their lives. Makes sense since they have a built-in quasi-commemorative or medallic nature to them...
Edited by realeswatcher
04/04/2020 7:20 pm
Valued Member
Croatia (Locally: Hrvatska)
92 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monarch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, ex mounted.

I have pay for this coin 188,50 euro in 2016.

Please if someone know what are "scars" between Leo and XII ? And between 18 and 25? Look the photos.

I make ping test and for me it have good sound.

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angelo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weight and size is correct. Usually the fakes from Italy are underweight. the fact that it was mounted tells me that it is probable good but I would have to see it to tell
Good Luck
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05