Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

If Money Were No Object... A Numismatic Dream

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,125Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
87562 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If money were no object...

I would build a second PCGS Ike set (which would be the third Ike set) and aim for the top of the registry.

Then I would do the same for the 7070.

If have not run out of funds yet, I would work my way through my Dansco collection, building a second set in PCGS.

Of course, the first thing I should do it fill the last six holes in my Dansco albums.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4468 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A gem pair of 1915 Panama-Pacific International Expositions $50 commemorative gold coins would be my "money is no object" target.

I got to hold a raw pair in my hands years back while on a tour within the Smithsonian's vault with the museum's curator - it was a great collecting experience and one I won't ever forget!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
04/06/2020 6:15 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17073 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have actually had a Pan Pac $50 pair sitting in the palms of my hands (both) at a major public auction view day.

I have examined rarer and more valuable coins, but they are museum pieces, almost from the day they were struck. Have never been available to obtain, irrespective of money being no object.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19337 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All kidding aside I would like a 1942/1 Mercury dime in MS-67 FSB .

You mean like the one in my set?

All are FSB in this set.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
950 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a limit to how much here?
(Values are in New Zealand dollars worth 59 US cents)

First of all I would buy a Waitangi Crown (Very rare figure $4k for a VF one and $10k for a Proof UNC one ).

Next I would upgrade my entire NZ collection to AU for coins over $1000 and UNC/BU for those under it.

Next I would grind away at the UK buying all the Halfcrowns I could in the best possible condition, trying to get a complete run from 1544 to 1970.

Next I would do all the same for British coins from Fractional farthings to Crowns at least from 1662 onwards.

I am not that interested in Medieval and older or Gold coins (Gold coins are nightmare to store and insure)

Finally I would do the same for Australia, Canada and Fiji.

Dependent on money I had I would spend.

Clear Funds (Amount to spend on coins)

$10k ($1k half my credit card debt - whoopty doo!)

$100k ($30k - Have debts like Student loan and Mortgage to clear first)

$250k ($100k - the rest would make solvent and them some)

$1 million ($300k - Would like some work done on body, new car, better home and a world trip post Corona)

$5 million ($2 mil - once I have all the essentials , the rest is mine to invest)

$50 million ($5 - 10 mil, rest would go in investments and I would be doing philantrophic stuff in the ghettos)

$100 million or more - (10 - 20% of whatever total was, although surely by $10 million on coins, I would have every single coin I needed and a mansion to store them in, with 24/7 guard security!)

Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
04/07/2020 9:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like my birthday and that of my brothers in the highest grade available. 1958 1C DDO, 1955 1 C DDO, 1969S 1C DDO
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13600 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You mean like the one in my set?

Yes
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
87562 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would like my birthday and that of my brothers in the highest grade available. 1958 1C DDO, 1955 1 C DDO, 1969S 1C DDO
Nice!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,125Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05