Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here Are The Pics With Special Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 752Next Topic  

United States
35 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  4:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Journeylove to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are we aloud yo put our email here

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please do not post email addresses. There are robots that scour the Internet for email addresses to sell to spammers. We do not want them coming here.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48936 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In this condition, I would not expect this note to bring much of a premium.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2729 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The serial number is interesting, and if you like it, keep it. If you change your mind down the road, you can spend it. I might keep it just for conversation sake. Not much, if any premium would be associated with the note because of its condition.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If it were unmarked, untorn and crisp it might bring a few bucks - but not in its present state.

Still, if I had found it I would probably hang on to it for a while.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17077 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was a $100, it would be a spender.
If it was a $1, definitely a keeper.

$20?....... a borderline decision. Up to you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I forget what the special name is for this kind of serial but this one reads the same upside down as right side up (at least, pretty darn close). I might put this one aside but as others have stated... condition really hurts it.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Journeylove to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond to me thank you I'm starting to think this isn't for me I thought the bill was in great shape lol what do I know
Pillar of the Community
United States
2729 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought the bill was in great shape lol what do I know.

Compare it with an uncirculated note and you'll see it instantly.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Journeylove to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol I get that but for a circulated bill 2009 it looks good I also seem to notice some ink weirdness I thought to be errors when blown up but what do I know. I see weird stuff in money when magnified lol
I'm thinking this bill may peek the interest of someone just have to figure out how to get it to them lol
Edited by Journeylove
04/07/2020 12:37 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While its series is 2009, your note appears to have been printed in November of 2012. For an 8-year-old note that has seen circulation, you're right, this one's in pretty good shape. But it's a long way from being crisp/uncirculated.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it was a $100, it would be a spender.
If it was a $1, definitely a keeper.

Quote:
$20?....... a borderline decision. Up to you.
I might have to spend it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
942 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I forget what the special name is for this kind of serial but this one reads the same upside down as right side up (at least, pretty darn close).

"CelticKnot" - that type of special serial number would be called a "rotator" but this note has four "5's" which disqualifies it as such (must be: 0; 8; 9; or 6). If you rotate the bill upside down SN should look the same (but 55's ruin the effect).

I agree with "Sel_69l" & lean towards "jbuck's" position on this one.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 752Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05