Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 D Penny RPM 18?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
61 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  02:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoeVegas444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
United States
2417 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a lot like it, but to me the mintmark positioning seems a little low on yours. The "D" on yours is closer to the 5, and on RPM-018, the "D" looks to be closer to the 9. Maybe I'm being too critical. mybe one of the other RPM's for the 52-D?
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeVegas444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it is one of the others. I'm not too sure.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44412 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
018 is listed as a south. I'm not seeing that on your coin. The location on yours is a bit further south on mintmark locations.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you checked Coppercoins 018? Have you checked for markers?
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeVegas444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had trouble navigating copper coins. I noticed that RPM 18 wasn't an exact match (based on markers/positioning). I wasn't sure if all of the markers had to line up, or if those are general guidelines. I'm still very new to this.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44412 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well one thing to realize on coppercoins is that they used the older 2nd edition of the CONECA cent RPM book Orange cover:

Before the third edition came out, they had completed their listings and then started adding their unknown RPMs to their files. That is where the stopped on the CONECA RPM listings.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/09/2020 10:53 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05