Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Squirrel's 1,000th Post Giveaway!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 512Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  11:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well, it took me a little more than a year, but I have hit the 1,000 post mark. CCF is a great place filled with great people. I have truly enjoyed the time I have spent here and I am looking forward to many more years of fun with all of you.

Having hit this momentous number, I'm taking a page from some of the other generous CCF members by creating a contest and offering a nice prize to the winner. The contest will be a simple trivia question. The prize is a one-year membership in the Early American Coppers coin club. I joined the club this past fall and have been very impressed with it. Since my goal is to introduce people to this club, I'm asking that current EAC members take a pass on my contest. I checked with the head of membership and EAC does have members from other countries, so my contest is open to residents of all countries. EAC also has junior memberships, so my contest is also open to all ages. First person to post the correct answer on this thread will win. Also, in order to provide adequate notice, I will post the question on Friday, May 8th at approximately 1:00 pm (Central Daylight Time). Good luck to those who are interested in winning the prize and I hope everyone has fun celebrating my 1,000th post.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34203 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2070 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea, and congrats on the milestone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, here is the question ....

This is a two part question. You must get both parts correct in order to win:

You will find US Cents dated from 1793 to 2020 (present date). There is, however, one year you will not find. What year is missing and why is that year missing?

Good Luck to everyone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1815 due to a fire
Edited by Gincoin43
05/08/2020 2:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job congratulations!

1815, this is because the American economy was suffering from the war of 1812, the United States needed to regain it's economy, so no cents were struck. They were low on planchets as well.

Again nice job! We're so glad to have you here!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Edited by SilverCents
05/08/2020 2:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! This was a close one. Gincoin had the correct year, but it was not the fire. The fire occurred in January of 1816. SilverCents nailed both. It was 1815 and it was the War of 1812 caused both an economic downturn and a low supply of copper planchets.

Well done SilverCents. Please PM me and I'll get your information for the prize.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for such an interesting contest!

PM Sent
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5338 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats to both winner and OP that was a short and fast contest.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3731 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations SilverCents!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13601 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's a record for the shortest contest ever at CCF .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brevity is a trait that is all too often overlooked these days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2020  12:03 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers everybody!

I was just in the right place at the right time. I'm sure so many of us could've gotten it, I just managed to click on this post before almost anyone else did!

Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 512Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05