Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Three Golden Horde Coins Excavated In Russia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 741Next Topic  
Valued Member

Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.
I own these three golden horde coins found in Russia.

The first one I believe is: Golden Horde. Jani Beg Khan. AE pul. Saray al-Jadida mint. Possibly: BMC VI, 425; Fedorov-Davidov 104 var.

The second was told that it would also be a Jani Beg Khan coin, minted in Khwarizm mint. But I did not find this information in catalogs or other references.

The third one I couldn't identify

Valued Member
United States
328 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this one looks somewhat similar in style to your third coin, though not a match.

https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=188998
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was told that the second is Jani Beg Khan Khwarizmi mint, and the third Abdallah Khan, al-Jadidah mint. But I was unable to confirm this information.
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First is Jani Beg Khan - AE pul. Saray al-Jadida mint. Reference: Fedorov-Davidov 104
Third is Khizr Khan- AE pul. Gulistan mint- Reference: Fedorov-Davidov #199; Stephen Album - Checklist of Islamic Coins #2035.
The middle one I can't identify. Can someone help me. Better photos:

Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Searching well, the closest coin I found was this one:
https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=243118
https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=214672
Especially the left side of my
Do they agree?
Pillar of the Community
United States
979 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can read "duriba Saray" but the rest is out of focus or illegible.
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another photo in better quality

Only the top of the date is visible. Maybe 78(x) ou 88(x)?
Edited by Oak
06/02/2020 11:32 am
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If someone can read any excerpt it would be of great help
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can read "duriba Saray" but the rest is out of focus or illegible.

Kushanshah, on which side / part of the coin? this indicates the coinage in Sarai, right?
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello friends, in a study group they managed to identify and share with you.
It is a pul, sarai in 752Ah with Double Strike with flip.
Looks like these:
https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?p...F0Xz_h93GfoY

https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?p...g6fMyVqvxYeI

The following conclusion was reached:

In blue - the old relief, in red - the new relief. In the left image, the rosete is completely covered by the stamp of the legend. In the right image, the rosete covers the old relief only partially. Apparently, at the first strike, the coin was minted poorly, it was turned over and minted again with the same stamps.
By the way, this is far from the most frequent version of this type of coin. Very peculiar layout of the text.
Valued Member
Brazil
61 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Schematically:
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 741Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05