Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 Silver Isabella

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 723Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  3:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey All, Was hoping to see what you would grade this 1893 Isabella.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I would call it an MS 64
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21767 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Using these photos I'd be at AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3702 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the color in the photos is accurate you may get a no grade with"questionable color" noted.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53459 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Color is certainly an issue, and I see many clear field marks on both sides as well. At best AU-58 straight if it exhibits typical silver coloring.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/11/2020 6:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4167 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-64 to me. I don't see any serious issues with the color, assume it's either the lighting or some light golden toning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6911 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The color as shown in the photographs is not normal and hopefully a result of the photography skills - and not representative of the actual coin in hand.

The design high points for this coin are the central jewel in Queen Isabella crown (obverse) and the point where the spinners thread passes over the right leg calf (reverse).

Neither of those show signs of wear - so it's MS-something, lets go with MS63/MS64 due to the obvious chatter and marks.

That said - if this is the real color then its a details coin.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9280 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64 guess for me
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sent to PCGS and got it back as an MS 65!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53459 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. Hardly looks like the same coin!
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2696 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a difference photos make. I would almost say Two Different coins but for the stuff by the MA
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 723Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05