Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Questions About Canadian Coin Certification Service (Cccs)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 316Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  7:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, just had a couple of questions about CCCS.

1. Any general thoughts or comments on the hard holder?
2. Do they grade bullion?
3. Is CCCS widely recognized?

Thanks for you input.
Valued Member
Canada
482 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. I can't as I haven't owned one before.

2. If you mean rounds, the I don't really see why not.

3. Pretty widely recognized in Canada, I don't know if they're too well known elsewhere though.

I find their grading pretty accurate, I don't really know how they sell compared to ICCS coins.
Learn More...
Canada
9144 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. The hard holder is beautiful, but somewhat brittle. I can crack them open easily with my base hands (to be fair, I can also crack open PCGS and NGC holders with my bare hands - that's just me).

2. They grade just about anything, including bullion and exonumia. I have some proof struck exonumia in their hard holders.

3. It is primarily a Canadian grading company, but their holders are accepted as those that can be listed with grades on eBay.ca and you sometimes see their holders in Heritage Auctions.

The owner of CCCS, Louis Chevrier is also a member of CCF. I can send him a note and flag this thread to his attention. He can then answer any questions you might have.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
CCCS Representative
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LCA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello folks!

Yes CCCS grade bullion in hard casing. The limitations are 41mm of diameter and 4 mm thickness.

We are on the list of accepted grading company on both ebay.ca and .com

there is also a lot of items we have certified for sale in different Facebook groups.

I don't have much time to visit the CCF as I try to keep the turn around time as fast as possible. (we are at 2 to 3 weeks presently)

www.cccs.co the website as been redone last fall and although it is not as complete as I wish it is a nice improvement with the old one.

The submission forms can now be filled online before printing them.
We have a new pricing schedule you should check and even a products page and a form to order.

Louis Chevrier
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A reply from the owner! Very nice - thank you for the information sir!
Learn More...
Canada
9144 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Louis, does this mean your other CCF account here: CCCS - is no longer an active one? I recall that one has a special title as "CCCS Representative"...

http://goccf.com/t/193470

If you have misplaced the password for your older account, I can fix that for you - just send me an email. In the meantime, I have also updated your title for your current account.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will a 1/20 gold maple fit in your hard holder? How about a 1 gram maple grams?
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05