Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blue Ridge Silver Hound Contact Me About 1943 Lincoln

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 396Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2359 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  02:17 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see my images from here on CCF shown on a youtube video. Fine if you ask me, but you didn't. And if you are monetizing your videos that is a no-no as well as my posts here are for information and education only and not for making money.

Please contact me as I am thinking you may be including my images in a way that profits you. I wish this clarified.

You are a member here, so send me a PM. The 1943-S coin is a worthy DDO, but not sure why you put my coin and photos into a video without contacting me and asking for permission to use the photos.

So, if this video makes you no profit, all good. But if that makes you even a cent of profit, please pull it or remove my photos of the 1943-S.

Clear? No profit is fine for my pics, profit is 100% not okay.

tropicalbats

Pillar of the Community
United States
985 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
>>>> BlueRidge
Edited by Daves Errors
05/20/2020 02:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3430 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tropicalbats, if you have no response can you contact youtube and have the videos pulled?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5047 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, it is only the right thing to do to obtain permission first before using someone elses images. After all that is considered a PRIVATE PROPERTY
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grounds for a copyright strike on youtube, since they're your intellectual property as images you took. Frankly, a lot of these coin youtubers are unscrupulous people who exploit others' desire to get rich quick and use it to generate financial benefit for themselves. Blueridgesilverhound certainly seems to be one such person, in my experience with his channel.

Also, good for you, Tropical. I really appreciate how many principled people like yourself there are on this forum who are in this hobby for their own enjoyment and the pleasure of educating others rather than for any material benefit to themselves.
Edited by SamCoin
05/20/2020 10:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
985 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I one million % AGREE, He should have asked and it sucks he did not BUT. If you did not copyright your photos then there was no copyright infringement that took place. He can take them and use them in a video or story, free speech and press.. Is it wrong yes but ya have to copy wright to protect your stuff. Is what BlueRidge did ILLEGAL? Not if there is no copyright to protect. He used my CCF name, daves errors in one of his videos about the new 2015 D DDO I sent to MR WILES, he did not ask but really there is nothing I can do about it do.
Edited by Daves Errors
05/20/2020 11:48 am
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TB.... Proper etiquette would have been to ask of your permission to utilize your I.P. He could argue it was for "educational purposes", but still would be irrelevant. My opinion, it was absolutely for his gain, as youtube vids are all about how many people view them. His actions are unscrupulous to say the very least. I will definitely avoid watching any of his videos in the future.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've checked his video that shows your coin, it has 2-3 advertisements in it, meaning it is very much monetized. What he's doing is not right. He should always ask for permission before using someone else's property, even if it's just photos. Even if the video wasn't monetized, he still should've asked permission.

Two things here can happen when it comes to copyrighting on YouTube. The first is that after you make your request, stating that it's your photos, your personal property, his video will be fully taken down. The second thing that could happen is that YouTube will decide not to take the video down, however, all profit, every single cent he makes from that video will go directly to you.

Either way, cause for action is needed. And if he doesn't respond, then that's truly disappointing.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255

Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best Error Coin I Own: http://goccf.com/t/363534
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you did not copyright your photos. He can take them and use them also in a story or video, free press..

Unlike parents and trademarks, which must be granted before becoming valid, copyright protection is afforded at creation. Submitting it to the copyright office simply records it so you can file a lawsuit.
https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/....html#mywork
Pillar of the Community
United States
2871 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:51 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is at the bottom of every CCF page:

Quote:
Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.

Was what he did legally wrong? Well, he did break forum rules at the very least!

It's a shame this is the behavior of one of the most popular coin channels on YouTube. Really gives you an insight into the what the "YouTube coin community" is like!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20496 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is far from the way to handle this. You're rolling the dice that he sees this topic. Contact him directly.

I'm locking this topic so all the keyboard lawyers can't have at it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05