Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where/How Do You Store Your Collection?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,030Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3122 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  03:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ziploc bags all over the place, some in larger plastic bags and/or shoe boxes.
A few coins were bought in 2x2 holders; I rarely remove those, but don't usually put them in another plastic bag either.

Most of them are in the computer room, which is less of a deliberate choice and more just because I keep bringing them there for Numista entry and then forget to put them anywhere else. There's probably literal hundreds of coin baggies on my desk as I type this.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gluggo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know!

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mint Error Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a coin roll hunter new to the hobby. And I've been trying to figure out how to store the coins safely while I slowly figure out what I have. I don't collect for fast cash but I'd like to build a small collection for my son when he gets older.

I use 2x2's for my favorite and best condition coins. I use plastic tubes to keep the groups easier to ID later. For example I have a few Cent tubes for 1969-1974-S, 1982, 2009, Wheat Cents.

Then when those tubes fill up I transfer them to a paper roll. I then store those paper rolls in old coin boxes.

The problem I am running into is not know what to keep and what to toss back. I like the mint condition coins the best, then I like looking for errors, but what do you do with all the in-betweeners? Like a 1991 in like 59-60 condition? It is good but is it good enough to keep?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
962 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have now moved 90% of my coins onto the Mylar pages after a huge album upgrade.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Collects82's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Collects82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Safe deposit box?

At home and in plain sight?

At home and hidden? [if so, safe?]

In a garbage bag under the basement stairs?

To the OP, please understand a lot of people are giving sarcastic answers for personal security purposes.

That being said, mine are stored in boxes somewhere. I'd love to do the Dansco thing for some of them, but Dansco is doing whatever Dansco is doing. With several little person hands in the house, mine are unfortunately outta sight, outta mind most of the time.
My hoard of '82s is up to 192! 218 BC x 1, 118 BC x 3, 18 BC x 1, 82 x 1, 182 x 1, 282 x 2, 582 x 2, 682 x 1, 782 x 2, 882 x 1, 982 x 4, 1082 x 1 1182 x 8, 1282 x 2, 1382 x 1, 1482 x 5, 1582 x 12, 1682 x 14, 1782 x 50, 1882 x 49, 1982 x 31
Learn More...
United States
87665 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,030Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05