Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help Me Figure Out This 2013 Lincoln Shield Penny..it Is Unique...

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 583Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluejoy55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And for anyone listening, small Dusty old towns with small town Banks still allow the possibility that somewhere in the back of the vault they'll have 50 cent pieces and all you need to do is look at the first one to know if you're in the right era

They used to call me the 50 cent girl at school because I always paid my lunch money and in 50 pieces

But that was better than when dad was looking for silver nickels. It sucks getting your allowance in rolls of nickels after he's already picked them! LOL
Edited by Bluejoy55
05/28/2020 01:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1725 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  01:38 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does indeed.

Oh wow, jeez that is quite the story. Gold coins in stockings? Sign me up! I only got into coin collecting two years ago, and I'm rather young for the hobby so I've got a lot of time to spend!

No problem, all I want to do is help and learn myself when it comes to this. Sounds good to me! We're in the same time zone haha. I'm a teenager, and as teenagers do, we stay up late.

Wow! Just read your second post and I'm very intrigued. Wish I got into coin collecting at an earlier age but oh well. That is quite the experience and story!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluejoy55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I grew up literally with newspapers over the whole kitchen table and both sinks full of warm water soaking off stamps from envelopes and whatnot. Then as kids my brother and sister and I would spend a million hours looking through the big ol volumes of stamp identification books back before computers. we would go through to find the anomalies the color the country that everything based on the word descriptions for most of them to find out the value. tedious is the easiest word and the most PG that I could use for that crap. But it was fun because you never knew what you would find

He got us into auctions in unusual places as a hobby. one time he bought an old timers volumes of stamps that they've been collecting forever as part of an estate sale. Lo and behold in one of those humongous volumes we located a stamp that we verified and New York worth $135,000.

He paid 100 for the lot. this Pocket change coin hunting is really addictive and I find myself dashing for the phone with every coin I pick up. Hahaha better than bad habits that could also get you money.

I'm not 50 yet and I'll leave my age at that. But I really appreciate your guidance!

Get some rest even though we're all schooling at home right now. I've got to go to sleep or I won't wake up in time for my eight year olds zoom class in the morning.

Take care of yourself. and I have no idea how to send personal messages so everybody reading, y'all take care too!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  02:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some helpful hints for you...
Try to never touch coins with your fingers, especially silver... Oils in your pores get on the coin and can cause permanent stains.
If you touch the coin, only the rim.
Never clean a coin. Only exception is to use pure acetone from the hardware store (not nail polish remover) to soak off gunk, then rinse with distilled water.
Ask lots of questions, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Welcome to the site.
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44938 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
87430 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 583Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05