Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

King George VI Pennies 1940-1952

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 534Next Topic  

Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  1:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Olszewski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are these coins worth money and how do I get them looked at I have a lot of coins to get looked at
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out what you have using the info on this site:
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php

Then estimate the grade by using another section of that site, just to get a general idea. Don't think that you can get the price that's listed on a website or book. You have to look at Ebay items "sold", using the search modifier on the upper right after you enter the date and denomination.
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Olszewski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the help
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1585 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless you have mint state coins, there is not much value to these dates. You can look for the 1948 ATSD and 1949 ATD....they are worth finding. Otherwise circulated George VI might get a few dollars a roll.
Valued Member
Canada
443 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the coins are brown, and are circulated, have dirt, marks, lack any detail in the king's hair, are rusty, or are otherwise ordinary, you may get $2.50 Cdn. for a roll of 50 if you are lucky. The rare exception would be a 1949 A to denticle variety which may go for several dollars in circulated condition.
The only King Geo VI cents that would be worth having checked are beautiful AU and UNC coins with some original lustre.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4784 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since you're Canadian, I assume you're talking about Canadian KGVI pennies.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
Canada
9188 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some years with doubled die obverses, but that is a serious commitment of time and effort to search a large collection. Search this site to learn more about those.

I generally sell circulated rolls of 50 for about 3x face value... That's all they are really worth, unless you find a collector will to pay more.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look for coin that are problem free and retain their lustre. Good luck pricing out your collection my friend!
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 534Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05