Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Butterweasels From Las Vegas Reporting In With 50$ Mb Series 2013 Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 340Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  07:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ButterWeasels to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Howdy. My name is ButterWeasels, or BDubz for shorthand. I collect silver Bullion, Kennedy halves, star notes, anything basically. I frequently go through my change, and rummage through the cash register at work looking at serial numbers and either very old or very new coins.

I recently found this 50$ MB series 2013 note and was wondering what the value of it is, if any. *** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34062 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Unless it is a low run it is a spender. Unfortunately you are not allowed to buy/sell or trade until you have enough posts. Please read the rules just so you know. Stick around and you will have enough posts in no time.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Buy/Sell/Trade Rules
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
618 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
It helps a lot to see full pics of front and back.
New notes (like the last 50 years) almost need to be perfect, centered, no folds, sharp corners etc to really have a value.
Star notes are definitely collectable.
If its in perfect shape, I would save that one and give it to one of my grandkids with instructions to put it away until they are my age, but otherwise it looks like a spender.
Looking at your pic, it almost looks like the note is folded in half... if so, then spend it.
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Edited by mtuma3
06/01/2020 11:30 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2716 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.
The 2013 $50 New York replacement note was part of a 1.92M note print run. If uncirculated and well centered, it will sell for a small premium. Typically from $65-$85 individually, and I saw a group of 12 consecutive ($600 face) sell for $660...$60 gross profit for a dozen. Plenty available and not a lot of demand for high denomination star notes.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ButterWeasels to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, sorry I wasn't intending to break any rules, and wasn't trying to buy sell or trade here, I do all that elsewhere. Was just wondering if it had any value that's all.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48691 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyway -

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The part removed was in regard to trading Kennedy half dollars.

If you stick around, follow the rules, and get to know us, I am sure you will find plenty of fellow half dollar collectors with whom to trade!
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use * notes to buy lotto tickets...
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05