Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Should I Be Suspicious Of This Bidding On Ebay?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 350Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been watching Edward VII Maundy sets on ebay for a few months now. I finally found one that I like with good pictures but the bidding seems somewhat suspicious to me. The seller is also selling a George V Maundy set and the same three bidders have made bids of the same amount on each of these listings. The seller doesn't have any feedback in the last 12 months but has been on eBay for over 10 years. From watching other auctions sell and similar BIN listings I have an idea of what I can expect to pay and what I'm willing to pay. Is this bidding a a major red flag? Should I just forget about it and keep looking? Thanks for any input.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KingFridayXIII to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The market for Edward VII Maundy sets among ebay bidders is limited. It wouldn't surprise me if the same few bidders are bidding on the items without anything shady going on. I'd just make my best bid and see if I win, nothing to lose.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was two Edward VII sets, I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but the other set is George V. Three bidders bidding exactly the same on two different items?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5274 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...with KingFriday!
Edited by westernsky
06/01/2020 8:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never mind. I forgot that I can look at all of their feedback past a year. I was using the ebay app, so it didn't show reviews when I selected their profile. They have good feedback, so I'm less concerned now.

Thanks for the replies.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 350Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05