Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 D Jefferson Nickel Potential Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 246Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  9:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Fury to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Coin Community! I would like to give a BIG thanks to jbuck and the staff for giving me a second chance. I appreciate the forgiveness. Anyways, I think I might have found an error of some sort. Can anybody help me identify it? I don't know every single type of error, so bear with me, because I'm sort of a young collector. It looks like a Lamination or a Die Crack error. Thanks, Coin Community!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a Lamination. Nice find and welcome back!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48727 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, a lam, common on nickels. Please try to show full pics of both sides of coins you are posting.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
06/02/2020 10:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8838 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello TNG! Thank you for helping me get back on Coin Community.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8838 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Be good! Be sure to review the rules and take things slow and you'll be OK. Certainly happy to see you here.
I don't know how much, if anything I had to do with your reinstatement.
As for this lamination, you did a good job spotting it. Neat find.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll never believe how I got it. At a local flea market, there was a nickel book with about 1/3 of the book filled. The only War Nickel in the book had the lamination error. Best of all, the book and the coins cost 8 bucks!
Edited by Fury
06/04/2020 5:17 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05